Frequently asked questions
We're currently offering a flat rate of $25 for shipping to Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland.
Your blinds typically take 10-14 days to be delivered from the date you confirm your order. Once you submit an enquiry, one of our team will call you to discuss our blind solutions.
The Blinds Dept. can offer a market leading prices for two reasons. First, we help you measure and install your own blinds. Traditional retailers charge for this. Currently, the market rate is $120 to measure and $20 per blind for installation. Second, we order directly from the manufacturer - no intermediaries, no wholesalers. Your shutters are shipped from our factory and delivered directly to your door.
It's a beautiful thing, isn't it?!
We've been in the Blinds industry for over a decade. We understand Blinds inside and out and know what it takes to get a great result for your windows. When it came to building a DIY blinds website, we were motivated by two things: quality and simplicity. We wanted to remove all the unnecessary questions from ordering blinds online, so that you can sleep well at night. We've certainly thought of everything, we just don't need to trouble you with it. So why is ordering so simple? Because it can be!
Here's a list of things we ask:
- What are the measurements of your blind?
- What colour do you want?
Here's a list of things we don't ask (but we've though of):
- What side do want your control on? You'll receive your blind with the chain on the left, and the pin end on the right. If you want to change it, simply unplug both ends and swap.
- Which direction do you want your blinds to roll? Your blind is reversible! So we don't need to know and you don't need to decide until you install. (If you'd like to learn more about Front vs Back roll - check out our help article).
- Are you face fitting or recess fitting? Okay, this is something you need to decide before measuring, but we don't need to know for manufacturing. We provide tips along the way to help you with measuring. If you're unsure, you can always contact us and we'd be happy to help.
- What colour components do you want? Your blinds come with white brackets and screws. Unless you've ordered black blinds, then your components will be black.
- What colour bottom rail do you want? All our bottom rails come anodised - simple! Check out our gallery for some awesome pictures of our blinds.
- What kind of chain do you want? Your blinds come with a metal chain. They're easy to use, look great, and come with a safety device.
Our plantation shutters are made from aluminium reinforced PVC, a durable, tough and water-resistant material that is suitable for anywhere within the interior of your home - from wet areas like kitchens and bathrooms to the most sun-drenched of front windows. The PVC brings durability, while the aluminium core offers strength and prevents bowing. This combination of materials is not just ideal for general weathering, it also gives your plantation shutters the greatest chance of standing up to inevitable wear and tear - even from kids and pets! Please note that our plantation shutters are not for exterior use. TEST
We offer our plantation shutters in three beautiful shades of white, enabling them to seamlessly match with any interior decor or colour scheme, and helping them to reflect away as much of the sun’s heat as possible, keeping your home cooler. The crispest, coolest and ‘whitest’ of these colours is called Snow, while the warmest, ‘beigest’ colour is Classic. The third option, Bright, sits between the others in terms of brightness and temperature. To help you perfectly match your plantation shutters with your home’s interior, we've compared our three colour options to Australia's most popular white paints from Dulux, Wattyl and Haimes. Click here to see our colour chart.